Friday, January 21, 2011

Long time no see

I guess I should start off by saying HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Ken and I haven't really taken the time to write since before we left for the states back in December, 2010. It was such a whirlwind to be home for two weeks, but an amazing whirlwind at that. I don't think we realized how much we missed our family and friends (due to being able to skype so often) until we were actually at home with them in the flesh. We were however ready to come back to our honduran home and get back into the swing of things as our break winded down.

The past 2 weeks have truly flown by for us. Ken has been back to work for 3 weeks now and I just finished my 2nd week. Work for both of us has been really good and there really aren't any complaints on either end. I have been trying very hard to not bring any work home with me at the end of the day (a new years resolution) and it has been turning out great so far. I actually am excited to leave at 3:30-4:00 and be able to come home, work out, cook dinner, and just relax. By 7:00 I don't know what to do with myself! Ken and I have started to study Spanish each night for 30-45 minutes practicing our verbs and vocabulary words and I have also been reading more for pleasure which has been amazing! We started the "Lake Superior Rock Puzzle" in our living room too so every now and then Ken and I will add pieces to it. Don't worry dad and Kasia, we'll send you a picture when its complete!

Ken has made an effort to start working out more too and this week we worked out twice together...or should I say in the same place. We went across the street to the DOLE research facility where there is a wooded path (about 1/4 mile long) and where it is safe to run. It's nice to be able to come home from work and at least start our work out together. I'm trying to convince Ken to go to the aerobics class with me at the gym at my school but he's NOT having it right now.

Today was my teacher aide, Carla's birthday so we are heading to her house tonight for a dinner party. We celebrated it today in school too with a small party. My kids made her cards throughout the day and I brought in a homemade Iowa Chocolate cake! I had to ride my bike this morning with it so it was sitting vertical for about 5 minutes. I was trying so hard to "hunch" over my handles bars to keep it as horizontal as possible! I'm sure I looked like a dork. Tonight should be a good time and a way for us to possibly practice our Spanish...we'll see how that goes! We're planning on heading to the river tomorrow in the mountains to spend the afternoon with some friends which should be relaxing before cleaning the house on Sunday in preparation for Ken's friend Nate who's arriving on Thursday next week with his girlfriend. We are so pumped for our first visitors! Hopefully this will inspire more of you to come.

We hope all is well back home in the states and hopefully it will warm up soon. It's been 85-90 and sunny all week compared to your -2 weather. There is a guest bedroom here...HINT HINT!

1 comment:

  1. Oh don't rub it in! Wish I was there in the beautiful weather with you!

    ReplyDelete