Saturday, February 5, 2011

Who wants a whole fish???

While at the grocery store one afternoon during our usual shopping, we came to the seafood selection where we usually buy our tilapia filets. This time however, there were no filets, there were only WHOLE fish....head, eyes, scales, fins, and all!

Ken, being the daring fellow he is, said we should buy it and try cooking a fish like this. In most restaurants down here you usually get a whole fish so its pretty traditional and we love it too. So in agreement we picked up 2 tilapia and headed to the check out.

This past week, we decided that it was time to put our skills to the test...or should I say my skills to the test. Ken of course had too much work to do the night we were supposed to cook our whole fish :) Using the handy-dandy cookbook that Kasia had gotten us as a going away present, I found a page that explained, with pictures!, how to season and cook whole fish. The pictures below will tell the story......

Step 1: Salt and Pepper both sides of the fish


Step 2: Cook fish in a little oil in a hot skillet


Step 3: Plate fish with rice and broccoli


Step 4: De-bone fish :)

Step 5: Enjoy!


Don't worry...I had more fish than this. I was hungry before I could take another picture. Nonetheless, the cooking was a success!



4 comments:

  1. OMG! GAG!!! I give you a lot of credit! I could NEVER DO THAT!!!! (But I hate fish!) If I ever visit, no fish, and no fish in the fridge!
    -kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. that kinda looks good..ken should start fishn now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Ken and my wife is Erika.. nice fish story 🙂

    ReplyDelete