Friday, May 27, 2011

Dangerous Drought

We are going through an extreme drought right now since we haven't seen any rain for the past 2 months. The town is starting to ration off water and we have been in and out of water for the past week. Today I was taking a shower and was in for literally 3 minutes before we lost all water, and this was after we hadn't used any water for about 10 hours! Our cistern didn't fill up over night like it usually does. The town lets the water come on from 12-4 AM usually since there aren't as many people using water but I guess that didn't happen last night.

It's crazy to think we are starting to go into "survival mode" and really be careful with the water that we have. I washed all of our dirty dishes in a bucket the other day and I had to finish washing my hair this morning with a bucket of water we had filled up for emergencies since I had just put conditioner in my hair :) Hopefully we will get some rain soon because things are starting to get insane!!! Cross your fingers for us....

No comments:

Post a Comment