Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A new state of mind

For the past 2 Mondays, I have gone to a yoga class that is at the gym on my school's campus right after school. I have only taken a few yoga classes in my life and I wasn't to sure whether or not I'd like it but I figured I'd give it a try since I was getting sick of my old routine of running in circles and weight lifting a few days a week.

I was surprised to find how much I enjoyed it on a MONDAY afternoon! It's a great release from the hectic, busy day the beginning of the week always seems to bring, and a great way to start my work out routines for the week. The teacher is really good at what she does (an american who has been living in Honduras for awhile now) and there are only 5-6 other people in the class with me (I think all of us teachers know how important it is to have small class sizes...for many reasons!)

I already saw a huge improvement in the way I can hold poses and just my general flexibility and breathing. I always struggled with the breathing part in yoga and pilates which is why I never really wanted to do it. It's so nice though now that I have it down and I actually feel relaxed since I'm not really concentrating on it anymore. Although I'm a bit sore the day after, it's a good sore that has me going back for more. For any of you who have never tried yoga I would totally suggest it for a workout 1-2 times a week!! There are 3 more classes left in the 6 week session and I'm hoping to find a way to get Ken to come to one ;) We'll see how that works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment