Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mazapan Christmas Show

Last night, Mazapan School had their annual Christmas Show for parents. Pre-K-12 grade performed on stage to various Christmas songs through skits, dances, and tv game shows! It was a very, very cool show indeed.

For the past 7 weeks, my 4th grade students have been working very hard to learn the dance that I choreographed for them to the song "All I Want for Christmas"(I guess I'm the first teacher to choreograph their own show too!! Thanks 8th grade poms and 5 years of ballet when I was 8!). After being inspired by the movie Love Actually, I thought this song would be a great way to show off my "skills" as the new 4th grade teacher to all of the parents of my school.

I couldn't have expected my students to perform any better! They did absolutely amazing and I was so proud of them and all of their dedication. Their parents were floored last night too and they couldn't stop giving congratulations to them and to me last night :)

Here is the video that I recorded of my students performing to "All I Want for Christmas". I hope that you enjoy it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! They were so cute!! Love that scene in Love Actually-it is one of my favorite Christmas-time movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***** Truly a "5 Star" performance.
    The kids did so well-and so did the teacher!!! And I'm so glad all that Ballet and poms paid off.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Erika , Great job! Very cute! Paula Abdul couldnt have done a better job! Jody

    ReplyDelete