Thursday, September 15, 2011

Independence Mayhem

Yesterday, I was interrupted at school by my janitor to let me know my alarm system was going off on her daughter while she was trying to clean our house. Ken had accidentally turned on the alarm when he went to work and forgot Fanny was coming. Of course I didn't want to just give our code away so I decided that I would need to book it back to my house from school to turn off the alarm. The catch was, there was the Independence Parade going down the entire street of San Isidro which is a main street I have to cross to get to our house.

I ended up taking our friends moped to get back, thinking it would be fastest, however I wasn't able to cross the street anywhere until I went all the way to the mall and cut across the back side of La Ceiba. I was then able to shoot back up to our house to turn it off. On the way back to school....mind you this is 25 minutes later already (and I thought it would take me 10 minutes maximum to get there and back) the moped died...it actually RAN OUT OF GAS in the middle of the road as I'm trying to get back to school. I ended up having to leave the moped on the street and take a taxi back to school. I of course got the most incompetent taxi driver ever who went back into the parade traffic, stopped for gas, and just drove so slow. All in all it took 45 minutes to get to my house and back to turn off the alarm system. Oh phew, I'm glad we are heading to Roatan today!

No comments:

Post a Comment