Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's the plumbing I swear...that's why I can't do the dishes!

Last night, while Ken was washing dishes after dinner, I decided to wipe down some of the counters. When I went under the sink to get the cleaning supplies I noticed that there was water dripping down below. This happens occasionally so I didn't think to much of it until I saw that the bowl it drips into was completely full and there was specks of orange grease floating in it. Gross right!? I then saw that there was orange on the plumbing as well....hmmm...this must be a job for a plumber.

Ken decided that he would try and fix it though so he turned off the water and twisted off the pipes to clean out the supposed clog that we had. As he was trying to fit the pieces back together he accidentally pushed one of the pipes into the wall farther than he meant to making it so he couldn't twist the pipe back on. Needless to say we couldn't use our kitchen sink any longer and inevitably a plumber was going to have come.

Luckily one came this afternoon, even though it was Sunday, and fixed it quickly. It wasn't as big of a problem as we thought it was. However when we went to start washing all of our dishes, it turns out that La Ceiba has turned off the water for the rest of the day! Just our luck, but I guess it gives Ken an excuse to not have to clean up the dishes from dinner tonight. What a lucky guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment