Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ankle Biters Soccer Coach

So I got to school Thursday morning to find an email from Brian, the PE teacher at my school, saying that he was in a pickle. He was in need of a soccer coach for the 1st and 2nd graders at our school. It turned out that it was just too much for one coach to coach 1st-6th grade because the range of skill was so different. Knowing that I loved soccer and had a background with it, he figured he would check to see if I would be interested. He was definitely hesitant knowing that I was a first year teacher and it was only the 4th week of school but he really needed to find someone fast.

After contemplating for about 5 min. and calling Ken quickly to ask his thoughts on the idea, I accepted the job offer. You are now looking at the newest assistant soccer coach at Mazapan School. I will be coaching the "ankle-biters" starting tomorrow until October 1. This is like a dream come true however I am a bit curious as to what I am going to do with these kids...especially since I've heard all they do is run around and play "house" right now. No worries though, Coach Erika is going to whip them into shape and show them what soccer is all about. Before you know it, these kids are going to love soccer and nothing else :)

I'll report back in and let you know how my first days of coaching have gone. In the meantime, cross your fingers and send some good vibes my way!

5 comments:

  1. Oh man! Have fun! You'll have to post some pictures of your athletes and kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, thats sooo fun!! Good luck..and wear really thick socks :)Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww that's so fun! aww haha i remember when we first met you were big into soccer. so cool. You'll be sucha fun coach. go make them do suicides:)! hahaha

    love you both so much! MUAH!
    love gillz:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. dude..i have skype..well i ddi at least. I'm an idiot but i'm making time tongiht to figure this shit out and I'll email you my skype i guess name? haha talk to you soon !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! How is it going? I love that you are coaching the little guys. Welcome to my world! Miss you!

    Sippel

    ReplyDelete