Monday, October 31, 2011

All Hallow's Eve :)

I just thought I'd share some pictures from my classes Halloween Party today. It was a busy one with lots of candy and sugar but luckily my kids were very well behaved and somewhat mellow. We had a class party in our room before the school wide celebration in the main gym. There were costume contests (prettiest, funniest, scariest, and most creative), and we won the most prettiest for elementary school, limbo contests, and of course the parade.

I learned from my room moms today that they used to go trick-o-treating in La Ceiba long ago when they were in elementary school at Mazapan. I never would have guessed with the dangers there are today but it was cool to learn that it was a tradition for them too, mostly because of the history of Mazapan being an American influenced school. Many of the other elementary schools didn't celebrate. There used to be houses decorated for Halloween and everything. Today, there is none of that whatsoever and there are parents who won't allow their students to celebrate Halloween because they think it's only purpose to worship you know who. Crazy how things change over time.

Ken and I had Spanish class this afternoon which has been going really well. Ken has learned a lot and is able to talk with me in Spanish now! We then rode Ken's bike Honduran style (me on his cross bar....ouch!) to the Italian restaurant for a nice dinner of bruschetta and pizza...YUM! Since there are no kids ringing our doorbell and yelling, "Trick o treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!" we have decided to lay low and watch a movie. We hope all of you are enjoying a very HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


A "key lime pie" crayola crayon


Me and Carla


The 4th Grade!


We're ready for the parade to start!


Carla's daughter Emily - a chef


Haha - loved the red monster


Me and Jessie (the rock star)


Angry Birds and a boy ballerina


A box of Nerds


A pair of flip-flops


A bag of M & M's


Little baby Tristan showed up as a monkey (Jessie and Jesse's son)

1 comment:

  1. Hey hi! loving your blog! ok, guess what Em and I went trick or treating ... jejejeje ok it was just one house... and we got a delicious ghost shaped cookie. But Emily was so excited it was her first time!!! I totally should've talked to Jenna and Jessie to get the ball rolling the compound... oh well... there's always next year!
    Carla
    p.s. this is not letting me post.. damn it

    ReplyDelete