Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!

I had a great "Leap Day" with the kids which included playing leap frog on a number line outside for math and making crazy actions/noises to a leap day poem. Even though the poem was for 1st graders, my students got so into it and I think it was a nice break for them to get a little wild and silly. Of course all of their actions they did for the action verbs in the poem were hilarious. I love my 4th graders and planning spontaneous lessons :) Thought I'd share a few pictures of what the leap frog math looked like. We were learning about benchmarks used on number lines with decimals so it worked out perfectly to do this activity today. I'm glad I thought of it at 6:30 this morning!



I of course had to hop along with them for a few :)


No comments:

Post a Comment