Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's Day yesterday even though it was incredibly busy! I wanted to share with you all some of the things we did and got for the holiday. It was definitely memorable.

At school, my kids were uber excited to make heart keychains thanks to Ken's mom who sent me the supplies last year (it just never made it until this year!). Luckily I was able to have my kids work on them this time around. They have already been put on their backpacks too...they just couldn't wait. They also made a heart basket weaved out of paper to put all of their valentines in, including their card to their parents which I think is the cutest thing in the world.


Making key chains


They were so in to it!


Ta-da the final product!


a few more


Such creative minds




The special box they put their secret valentines in.


Woah it's over flowing!


Heart garland from Jody :)


woven paper valentine baksets



So happy with all of their candy


Yay!


The party went well in my room even though the kids ate wayyyy to much pizza, soda, and candy. Parents bringing in 5 big foot pizzas for 17 kids is a little too much...don't you think? Each kid probably ate 4-5 pieces!

Ken and I had decided that we would stay in for Valentine's Day this year. He would make a surprise dinner while I would make a surprise dessert. Then we each came up with our own little presents for each other. Take a look at all.


Ken blew up a photo of us and got me 3 giant balloons!


Ken with his 2 presents: chocolate chip cookie dough brownies and a book I made him


My card from Ken...wait for it...wait for it...


BA-HAHAHAHAHA! Best card ever!

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day! We'll update again soon :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG you guys are hilarious. :)
    ka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.so glad the valentines crafts FINALLY arrived. I actually had forgetton I sent them. The pics are cute, looks like the kids enjoyed them.
    Ok...so, I love the singing valentines day card..can I post this on facebook..love the idea...
    Miss you guys, see you in about ....4 months?
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the blown up picture of you and Ken! And real jealous of that Cinderella balloon!!

    ReplyDelete